03 | 08 | 18 

L O N D O N. 2.0 

Hey babes, self - love soldier here. I wanted to fill you guys in on the tail end of my london trip! I’m currently sitting in Gatwick airport, reflecting my last few days spent here while waiting to board my flight to Paris this morning! 

On Tuesday Bai and I were super pumped to wake up because we found out late Monday night our luggage was finally on its way!! In the morning we popped right up out of bed and headed back across the river to grab some coffee and breakfast before going to get our bags. After we got them around 1p.m. we couldn’t head back to our airbnb fast enough to shower. I felt like I went from Mia Thermopolis pre-princess lessons to Amelia Thermoplis Renaldi Princess of Genovia after I was finally able to do my hair and makeup again. LOL. Kidding. In all seriousness though, the pep was finally back in my step. Post glam session, we headed back down on the town to visit Buckingham Palace. It was a lot bigger than I expected it to be!! And not homey at all! I mean, don’t get me wrong..if you told me I could live like the Queen in a palace I wouldn’t turn the offer down...but the place could use a little TLC. Some color. Maybe some flower boxes? After getting a good look at the big ol boring structure, snapping some selfies, and talking to some very helpful police officers, we decided to make our way down the grand drive leading up to the palace and go hunt down dinner! We ended up at the cutest little bakery that also served amazing food. We both splurged and had pasta AND dessert. Ughhhhhh. It just looked too yummy to pass up! We headed back to our airbnb with full stomachs and went to bed because we wanted to get up early Wednesday! 


So our plan to wake up early Wednesday morning did not happen! Bailee insisted she get a full night of sleep  instead of waking up every 4 hours so she took two of my Zquill and got a full 13 hours of sleep! Hah! Me on the other hand needed no extra help with my beauty rest and slept a full 12 on my own! After rolling out of bed at noon, we got ready and walked to the Burrough Market. If you’ve ever been to the Chelsea Market in New York City, it’s similar just with dead animals and cheese wheels. After we grabbed a bite to eat we Ubered to Tower bridge (this is what Americans think of when we think of London Bridge) It was beautiful!! The teal was so pleasing to the eye and it was fun to see the view of the city on it, but the moment didn’t last more than 10 minutes because the wind chill was FREEZING cold!! We were over the day, and to be honest over London at that point. We headed back home to sleep so we could be up for our early flight this morning!

All in all, London was like any relationship, even with the trials and tribulations, you cant help but love it! Now off to the “City of Lights” for the weekend before starting school on Monday (My 22nd birthday!) 


Best, 

Abigayle 

People can plan what they want to do, but it is the Lord who guides their steps. | Proverbs 16:8 















Comments

Popular posts from this blog